As work increases and continues during the current Site Stage 3 of the NASA Framework, it is very important for employees to ensure they are familiar with the Safe-at-Work Protocol.
In a recent SSC fire drill, some personnel congregated outdoors following the evacuation of the building were observed not following these protocols, including social distancing and wearing face masks.
Employees are reminded to:
- Keep their face masks readily available to don whenever necessary, including an emergency situation, or a fire drill. All employees, especially those who must perform work on-site, should take personal responsibility to wear face coverings when in public and in common areas on-site.
- Practice social distancing.
- Continue following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on social distancing measures to minimize the adverse impacts of COVID-19 on the workforce.
- Review the Daily COVID-19 Checklist before coming to work.
- Stay home if you are sick, have recently been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or shows flu-like or cold-like symptoms, even if the symptoms are mild.
- Inform your supervisor of your conditions and any concerns you may have.